Hot lather dispensers are wonderful machines that transform your shaving cream into something superbly warm and comfortable, just like the shaving cream that your barber uses when he gives you that awesome straight razor shave right after your haircut.
The best part about hot lather (besides feeling incredible to put on your face) is that it softens your facial hair, making for a much better, closer and more comfortable shave for you or your customer.
For this guide we will cover the top 3 options each category, both professional and home use.
As you can imagine, there is quite a difference in prices between professional hot lather dispensers and the ones that you would use in your home, as most professional barbers will need a higher quality machine for heavier use, and most home users can save money by not needing all of the features of a professional machine.
13 new from $ 9.39amazon.com$14.99Last updated on October 21, 2017 3:32 am
6 new from $ 186.41amazon.com
$189.99Last updated on October 21, 2017 3:32 am
Top 3 Home Dispensers
1CommonWealth Deluxe Hot Lather Machine
- Dispenses smooth hot barber quality shaving cream
- Large 680ml no mess bottle - Easy to fill, easy to maintain
- Fast heat up time with thermostat control for your ideal heat setting (please allow 30min upon filling the unit)
This machine is pretty great for the relatively low price that it is, it really could be just as capable of sitting on your bathroom vanity at home, or on the counter of a professional barbershop, as it checks all the right boxes for versatility. In fact, one of the touted features of this machine is that is excels at dispensing hot, smooth, barber quality shaving cream.
Its design makes it easy to fill the large 680ml reservoir, and easy to clean it too, which is really the only maintenance that you need to worry about with this dispenser. One of the best features is that it heats up quickly, which is great for when you need to snooze a bit more in the morning. The handy indicator light lets you know when it is ready to go.
The thermostatic control dial on the front of the Deluxe lets you really dial in the right temperature for your hot lather to be the most comfortable. Common Wealth stands behind this machine with a 1 year limited warranty, but the simple design should last much longer than that.
As a bonus, they have put 8oz of shaving lather concentrate and a badger hair shaving brush in the box to get you started.
- Affordable Cost
- Uses concentrated shaving cream
- Easy to use temperature control dial
- Doesn’t work with shaving cream cans
- After filling with cream, initial heating takes up to 30 mins
2Conair HGL11 Gel and Lather Heating System
- Warm lather gives you a smooth, comfortable shave
- Works with virtually all national brands of foam or gel in 7-oz. or 10-oz. cans
- Adjustable heat control
- Red LED indicator light lets you know when foam/gel is ready
This beauty of a machine that Conair has produced features variable temperature control and standard 120v wall outlet power. One of the best parts about this dispenser is that it works with almost all popular brands of shaving gel or cream that come in 10 or 7-oz. cans.
That is a great feature, which alone keeps you from being tied to more expensive hot lather specific creams, instead allowing you to use the cream you already have or that you prefer, which is perfect for the home user. It also features a red indicator light which is very useful, as it alerts you when it has achieved the shaving cream temperature that you set with the variable temp control setting.
- Works with most brands of cream or gel cans
- Easy-as-pie operation
- Doesn’t get quite as hot as professional lather dispensers
- Installing cans can be a bit tricky
3Conair HGL1NR/HGL1R Gel and Lather Heating System
- Hot gel and lather provides a smooth, close and comfortable shave
- Variable temperature control preserves consistency of gel
- Ready indicator light
- 120V plug-in operation
It features variable temperature control for shaving cream or gel consistency, making for a close, comfortable shave. This dispenser also has a useful indicator light that will alert you when it has heated up the shaving cream and is ready to go. The HGL1R/NR uses your standard 120v home outlet power to warm up your cream, and the best part is that most popular shaving creams will fit right inside of the outer body of the dispenser.
It won’t stun you with amazingly good looks or perfectly flawless operation, however for the price there’s just no other good way to have hot shaving cream ready to go. It would make a great addition to any shaver’s bathroom, as well as a good, useful and inexpensive gift.
- Very inexpensive
- Works with most shaving cream cans
- Easy to operate
- Doesn’t heat up the cream as hot as professional versions
- Installing cream can be tricky
Top 3 Professional Dispensers
1The LatherKing Next Generation by Campbell
- Made in USA
- Completely enclosed universal motor protected from rust and corrosion
- A must have for barber shops and serious shavers
The Lather King Next Generation features a dead simple to use one-handed push button to instantly dispense an aerated flow of hot, thick and wet lather with no fuss. One-handed dispensing is very crucial, as any barber could tell you.
Made in the USA by Campbell, you can easily tell that their design has been refined over time, real thought has been put into making sure that this dispenser will last through the rigors of daily barbershop use.
Inside the Lather King, you’ll find that they have used a stainless steel valve for longevity and reliable dispensing. They’ve also fully enclosed the electric motor and the heating element, to keep them waterproof and protected from rust and corrosion, which is definitely a smart idea.
Externally, they’ve upped the usefulness for a busy barber by making the soap cup extra-large (less refills) and easy to clean. Their great design of the soap cup makes cleaning super simple, as it lifts right out of the top for easy rinsing.
2Burmax Lather Time Machine
3Wahl Professional ’19 Hot Lather Machine
- PROFESSIONAL PRECISION: From Wahl Professional's commercial grade line of products, the '19 Hot Lather Machine is intended for professional use only and is designed to deliver the sharp performance that experts demand.